Friday, December 4, 2009

The Inimitable Cindy Allen

Cindy Allen is the esteemed Editor in Chief of Interior Design magazine, as well as a unique & positively exuberant woman. Her heart is a bottomless well of love & generosity; her curiosity & wit are contagious.  Such a treat to be around, she is one of my all-time favorite clients.
I have had the joy of working with Cindy for several years - my awe and adoration of her doubling upon itself each time I make up her smiling face.

She'd be inducted into my personal Hall of Fame: 
People I aspire to be like when I grow up.
Interior Design inducts honorees to their Hall of Fame at an annual gala held at the Waldorf-Astoria. Being the hostess of the event, Cindy looks to me to polish her already-beaming radiance for an adoring audience of 1100+ guests. This year Cindy invited me to attend - the 25th anniversary, no less - as she sensed my interest in the design world. 

What an honor to be in the same room with luminaries, and to witness the brilliance of new ideas! If you have any inclination, I urge you to read up on the honorees. Truly fascinating.

3 comments:

  1. It was a glorious event :)

    I wore a deep navy long-sleeved dress by Vena Cava, with black grosgrain ribbon sash & grommet detailing. Black suede Sergio Rossi stacked-heel pumps, black Wolfords & a vintage snakeskin clutch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS...I can see it in my head!!

    ReplyDelete